Competition Terms & Conditions
STICKY CROWD COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Sticky Crowd competition (“Competition”) is run by Glyphics Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales with company number 04586134, of 91 Gower Street, London, WC1E 6AB (“Glyphics”, “we” or “us”). If you have any questions about the Competition or these Terms & Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entering the Competition
2. The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over (“you”) except employees, contractors, partners, agents or affiliates of Glyphics Ltd or Cairblan Limited t/a Crumpled Dog (or members of their families). Winners may be required to provide proof of age.
3. Entry and participation in the Competition is subject to these terms and conditions and your compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in the United Kingdom. If you do not understand any part of these terms, you may not enter the Competition. By entering the Competition you are accepting these terms and conditions.
4. Only one entry is permitted per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
5. Entry to the Competition is free and no purchase is necessary.
6. The opening date of the Competition is 1st July 2013 and the closing date of the Competition is 0.01am on 15th September 2013. Entries received after this date and time will not be considered and we are not responsible should any entry not be received by the specified closing date and time. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to extend the closing date where the entries are not of sufficient quality.
7. To enter the Competition you will be required to provide your name, address, email and telephone number via the Sticky Crowd website (www.stickycrowd.com) (“Sticky Crowd Website”) and you will have to upload your Competition entry (“Entry” or “Entries”) via the Sticky Crowd Website. Submissions should be vector based illustrations supplied in Adobe Illustrator .eps/.ai files and a jpeg file for preview purposes. All strokes should be a minimum of 5mm thick. Any stokes should be outlined. The Entry should be based on 5 colours selected from the colour chart on the Sticky Crowd Website and should be drawn in proportion to A0 size (1189mm x 841mm) in a portrait or landscape format. Further information about the Competition and examples of the type of entries that will be accepted can be found on the Sticky Crowd Website.
8. We take no responsibility for Entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, illegible or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the Entry is not proof of receipt. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Entry to us.
10. You own the copyright in your Entry. By submitting an Entry to the Competition, you grant us:
10.1 permission for the Entry to be published on our website (www.glyphics.co.uk) (“Our Website”), the Sticky Crowd Website and/or the Sticky Crowd Facebook page;
10.2 the right to use your name and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your Entry and/or as a winner of the Competition on Our Website, the Sticky Crowd Website and/or the Sticky Crowd Facebook page.
10.3 a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use the copyright in the Entry for promotional and marketing purposes, to reproduce the Entry on Our Website, the Sticky Crowd Website and/or the Sticky Crowd Facebook page and to generate 2 copies of the Entry in vinyl as detailed in conditions 13 and 15 below.
11. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. You warrant that you are the sole owner of the copyright in the Entry and that any use by us of the Entry will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify us against all and any loss, damages or costs sustained by us arising out of any breach by you of any warranty in this condition 11.
12. No entries will be returned so we strongly recommend that you keep a back-up of files sent to us. We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and you acknowledge and accept that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage to digital files you send to us or any other losses as a result of entering the Competition.
13. There are 3 prizes in the Competition and these are set out below:
1st prize – cash prize of £250 and 1 A0 size (1189mm x 841mm) mounted illustration of the winning Entry produced by us in vinyl material.
2nd prize - cash prize of £150 and 1 A0 size (1189mm x 841mm) mounted illustration of the winning Entry produced by us in vinyl material.
3rd prize - 1 A0 size (1189mm x 841mm) mounted illustration of the winning Entry produced by us in vinyl material.
14. There are no alternative prizes and the prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prize.
15. You agree that if you are awarded one of the prizes outlined in condition 13 above, you consent to us producing an additional A0 size (1189mm x 841mm) mounted illustration of the winning Entry in vinyl material which will be auctioned for charity at an awards ceremony at Blackall Studios, 73 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4QS on the evening of Tuesday 8th October 2013 (“Ceremony”). You acknowledge and accept that you are not entitled to the proceeds of the sale of the vinyl artwork and you agree that the proceeds will be given to the British Heart Foundation.
16. The prizes can be collected at the Ceremony. Winners will be provided with 2 free tickets to the Ceremony upon our receipt of a request in writing from you.
Picking the Winner
17. Winners will be selected by an independent panel of judges of artists and designers who will pick three winning entries based on the creative interpretations of your “Sticky Crowd” character and use of vinyl material. The results of the Competition are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. We will inform winners by 20th September 2013 using the mobile telephone number and email addresses which you provided when you uploaded your Entry for the Competition. If a winner does not respond to us within 24 hours of being notified by us, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and we shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the phone call or email from us within 24 hours or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and we shall be entitled to select another winner.
19. By entering the Competition, you agree to participate in reasonable publicity events (including, but not limited to, attending an interview with us which will be included on the Sticky Crowd Website and Made in Shoreditch magazine website www.madeinshoreditch.co.uk should you win one of the prizes.
20. Details of the winner of the Competition can be obtained by emailing email@example.com.
21. Except to the extent that exclusion/limitation is prohibited by applicable law, we shall not be liable for any liability, claim, demand or cause of action suffered in connection with the Competition or the prize.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude our liability for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of our negligence. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. We further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
23. We shall not be liable for any failure to comply with our obligations where the failure is caused by something outside our reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
24. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside our control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). Our decision in all matters under our control is final and binding and no compensation shall be given to you.
25. We will not be responsible or liable for any tax, levies and duties applicable in any country. It is a condition of entry that you shall be responsible for your own tax liabilities in respect of entry or prize.
26. You acknowledge and accept that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and you shall have no claim against Facebook for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition.
27. These terms and the Competition are governed by the law of England & Wales.
28. By entering the Competition, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.